JC Tye and Son are suppliers of Landscaping and Building Products to trade and retail customers. Our address is; 19 Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1YP.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including your email address and/or telephone number
- Demographic information such as your address, postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, competitions and special offers
- Financial information to bill you for requested products and/or services
- Usernames and Passwords for accounts
What we do with the information that we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To meet the terms of your enquiry.
- To process the orders that you have submitted.
- To contact you. For example, if you fill out our contact form we will attempt to reply.
- Internal record keeping.
- To provide you with services. For example, to send you a newsletter, if you have asked for them.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send out promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- To customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, please note that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us and you transmit such information to us at your own risk.
Who we may share your information with
- we may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, subcontractors or suppliers where it would be reasonable to do so to provide the products or services you require.
- below are examples (although not limited to) of circumstances where data may be provided:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal infromation where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- disclosure with a purchaser(s) or prospective purchaser(s) of any business or asset that we may either be in the process of, or planning to, dispose.
- instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you;
- upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practicial format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible;
- we will provide this data within 10 business days;
- we may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law;
- have any data inaccuracies corrected as quickly as possible;
- have your personal data erased, unless we are permitted to hold it by law
- have a restriction placed upon our processing of your data
- instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes or alter how you wish to be communicated with;
- to request your data be provided to you, or be removed from our data records.
If you wish to exercies any of these rights, please do so as follows;
- by email: email@example.com
- by post: JC Tye and Son, 19 Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1YP
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the web browser of your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. The information that is collected is unique to you and only the server that delivered the cookie will be able to retrieve or read its contents.
The benefits of cookies
Cookies are often used to enhance your experience on a website as they can remember information about your visit, such as your personal preferences. For example, cookies are used when you create an account with a website so that information about you can be remembered saving you time on your next visit.
We use traffic log cookies (via Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
You can choose to accept or decline these traffic log cookies; this can be done by clicking on one of the buttons found across the top of this website. Once you have chosen to accept or decline this will be remembered for the next time you visit this website, via the same browser on the same computer or mobile device. You can also usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. To learn more about how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that by declining cookies this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
All other cookies used on the website are ‘essential’ to allow the website to function properly and therefore will not be disabled. Please leave this website if you are not happy for these cookies to collect information about your visit.
Making changes to this policy
JC Tye & Son may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes that are implemented. This policy has been updated in accordance with GDPR regulations, May 2018.